ICE BOWL SCRATCH MASTERS
- Scratch Masters is a competition separate from and an optional event to the Ice Bowl tournament. It is open to both men and women who have competed in the Ice Bowl tournament. 100% of the entry fees collected (less linage expenses) are returned as prize money within each division.
- The tournament committee determines the number of divisions and average ranges thereof to be used in each year’s tournament as well as the entry free(s), which may vary by division. Average divisions for this year’s tournament are as follows:
- A) averages 206 & above
- B) averages 191 – 205
- C) averages 176 – 190
- D) averages 161 – 175
- E) averages 146 – 160
- F) averages 145 & below
- Entrants use the combined scratch scores bowled in their Singles and Doubles event to determine the top six (6) qualifiers and one alternate for each division.
- In case of a tie for sixth (6) place, the scratch score from the first game of team competition will break the tie. In the event a tie still exists we will go to the second and/or third game if necessary. If bowlers are still tied after team competition, a one game roll off will take place to determine the sixth (6) bowler.
- Qualifiers MUST check-in at 2:45 p.m. or your spot may be released to the alternate at the tournament director’s discretion. The scratch master’s event will begin ON-TIME at 3:00 p.m.
- Qualifiers will bowl a “Bottom Man Out” format. All qualifiers in each division will start on the same pair of lanes. The bowler with the lowest score in each division will be out. This format will be followed until a Champion in each division is determined.
- In the event of a tie for the lowest score, no elimination will be made that round. However, double elimination will take place the following round. In the event of two way tie for lowest score the second round, no elimination will be made that round. However, triple elimination will take place the following round and so on.
- In the event of a tie in the final match, those bowlers will have a two frame roll off. In the case of no winner after 3 roll offs, there will be a sudden death roll off. The person with the highest pin count will be declared the winner. In case of a tie, bowlers will continue until a winner is declared.
- Bowlers will have two balls per lane before the start of the first match.
- A lane schedule will be given to each division prior to the start of competition. No expectations. The bowlers are responsible for checking if they have qualified. Sheets will be posted at the bowling center and at the host hotel hospitality suite.
- Separate prize-funds will be created for each division and will comprise 100% of entry fees collected (less linage) for each respective division plus any such additional funds the tournament committee may wish to contribute. All six qualifiers in each Scratch Masters division will receive prize money in an amount equal to at least the amount of their entry fee into the Scratch Masters event.